Thursday, July 26, 2007


Week 12 Term 2 26/7/07

I have now finished my term. However this means the kids will have exams. This is not fun for anyone. The kids are tired from pouring out all their brain knowledge and on top of that have about zero free time. I will have no lessons and will patiently wait oh so patiently for the kids to be free. After school I am sure we will continue the soccer pick-up games.

As far as soccer goes I have still been scoring goals winning game. Now I have played a couple games at goalie and I am still frustrated I got scored on. It is a difficult position because if you get scored on you immediately start thinking about what you would have done differently. I should have come up on the ball, I should have stayed back. am on offense I just worry about becoming an animal and getting the ball. Best goal was today with the right foot against class 8. Giddy up.

Rohi Olympics was on Friday. Despite a couple of glitches it went really well. It was fun to watch these kids do incredible stuff but there is one problem with game. Some people (like me) hate to lose. Some of us can control ourselves while others cannot. I had to ref which I can assure you is the toughest job. You have to listen to complains and make sure the game goes well and fair. Really the day was fun but the mistakes are easier for me to pick out because I was part of the planning process.

Highlight

On Saturday I had my first day off and I stayed at the house and had some peace and quiet but also I learned some Masai. So now I now the greeting and I am this much closer to being a Masai warrior which is way better than being a thug.

Food for thought

I have been on several missions trips. In fact my past two summers and spring breaks I used the time to serve elsewhere. When participating on these trip the mindset tend to be different as compared with mindset in the rest of life. On a missions trip these is a sense of determination, approval, and selflessness. When I come home I may start with fire and passion but shortly it all becomes extinguished. One of the major components involves is the amount of time I think about myself. At home I think about myself a lot. However, I realized this year with an extended period of time I view ministry differently. The natural tendency is to desire results. We want to see the work of our hand in these people. We want to see that we have made a difference. First of all, who do you worship? And how do you worship Him? Honestly unless you can read a book and worship at the same time you will always be frustrated with your life. Unless you can worship God through exercise you will never be content. You don’t have to be a preacher or a missionary to accomplish this. You just have to be alive.

1 comment:

Bill Robertson said...

Hi Daniel:
I've been trying to get time to comment on your last very interesting blog. You made some very sober observations about yourself -- but don't be too hard on yourself. We all wrestle with wondering how we are doing in our walk before the Lord. But He is so grancious towards us wandering lambs. He wants us to always be weighing our heart in honesting and humility. He is so lovings -- He knows we are only dust. But even so He died for this dust. Ausome!

I'll be looking foreward to you report on the last phase -- Daniel in the bush. Or is it 'Daniel in the lions den?' No, no! that wont
do. Love, Me