Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catch me if you can

Week 11 of the term


A top whirls frantically clinging to the axis it orbits. But as it spins the vigor wanes and the leg which so valiantly held tough now wavers and the saving face wanes. I am the top. Okay this might be an exaggeration. One of the children’s compositions inspired the pen to wire again. I am placing below a few examples of beautiful imagery. Any middle school teacher would frown on a student who pretends to use words larger than their vocabulary but as I continued to read this was his style not a fool flaunting his knowledge.

Tears of despondency cascaded down my muddy visage

tied us tenaciously

My heart beat erratically

My heart beat spasmodically as I vividly remembered that fateful day my uncle killed my brother.

when my uncle’s fury was as erupting volcano

When my mother saw me safe and sound she became jovial and as happy as a lark.

However then when I went to discuss the matter with the teacher she said the phrases came straight from a book. I must say I was a little disappointed.

Tomorrow marks a glorious day: Rolympics. The kids will participate in various athletic activities such as 100m, 400m, long jump high jumps as well as games: soccer, volleyball, badminton and other fun competitions such as tug u’ war, sack race, potato n’ spoon relay. I cannot help but reminisce about my own elementary Olympic experience, running so fast the gobs of sunscreen flew off my face all for the prize of that blue ribbon.

But enough of that what did I actually do this week. I continue to hit it up at the soccer field after school. I think I am getting better or the kids are just intimidated now. A couple of days ago I scored 5 goals in 9-3 romp of class 3. I usually play for class two because they could use the extra help. I must say three hours of soccer a day is a pretty good workout.

Street church was extremely peaceful last week. So now it has been two weeks now when the crowds remain peaceful. That is God. Nothing else can describe this peace. Please continue to pray for those who attend. Pray against their lives built on fear and need and the hand of God to intervene in their lives.

Every Tuesday night is prayer night. Many times by the time it gets to 7:30pm you are dead tired but prayer is worth it. If there is anything I want to take back with me it would be the spirit of prayer.

Thank God for good health. Many people who come tend to get sick off the Malaria medication so I consider it a huge blessing to not have taken a few days off. My stomach is becoming much stronger.

The month of July is the coldest month of the year. That just means the mornings are cold and the midday tends to be hot. Bring a jacket and take it off at lunch time.

Two weeks form now we will go on a mission to the bush. The headmistress chose ten students to join the team. Pray

Highlight of the week

-Yesterday Dave brought Massai blankets, which is important because all the watchmen have these blankets. So as soon as I got back to the house I brought out the blanket and got pictures with one of the watchmen jumping. One thing the Massai are famous for is fighting (they were born fighting) and they can jump. Oh they can jump.

Food for Thought

- Try taking a cold shower once a week it will help to not take for granted the comforts we so easily take.

-Luke 9:23 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
When Christ calls us to Him he asks us first to deny ourselves. Not deny your personality but put God first instead of you. Next time when you share the gospel start there. (Also this is something to live out. If you do this people will notice.) Now when I say deny yourself remember all parts of you. When I look at myself there I the parts honor but also I am not perfect, I am not pure and these part will not change without the help of God. So when we deny ourselves we place the lying, the cheating, the sloth before God. Believe me if you do this you are going to get the better end of the deal. Remember he is there for more then just your guilt but he desires to make you like Himself.

Matt 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments: