Thursday, July 5, 2007

Clowds Cover Stars

Let me see what can I tell you today. Really, the biggest thing to realize is people are people. If you realize that you are no better than the person next to you (and live it) you have a lot of life figured out.

One thing sticks out in my mind very clearly> -- One girl at the school went up to the front during an assembly telling the students not to complain about ripped shoes because at least they have shoes. wow, if this is true then no one has reason to complain because someone will always have it worse than you.

I love the ministry here at Rohi. Out of 150 ministries toward street kids in Nakuru, this is the only one on the street level. Also, the ministry aims to provide for the needs of the kids while preparing them to live on their own; either vocational school or preparation for the university. If we aim to take them out of their culture, give them the skills to survive not just provide a place to stay with fresh food. Some times I think America should do something like that instead of using college to serve that purpose. However we will see no matter how bad the conditions for people are, people find a way to live. While conditions might surprise us of disgust us, this is the life they know and hold dear. Some kids after being taken off the streets run back because the streets comfort them.

Please keep the street church ministry in your prayers. Pray for the people attending and those leading it.

This past Saturday the team went with class 8 to a ropes course. It was a lot of fun and I just realized I have nothing else to say about it other than it was fun and the bus got stuck along the way.

I haven't seen the stars yet because clouds continue to cover them every night.

2 comments:

Bill Robertson said...

Helooo Daniel:
You don't mention how hot it is there. You are right on the Equator -- and my imagination comes up with all kinds of pictures os sweat, dirt, and smells. I am so glad it is easy to communicate with the kids -- you are a natural. You are daily in my prayers. The Lord be your Rock.
Bill R.

Nathan Hudson said...

Spell Check CloWds